Passionate about all things beauty related.

Sunday 7 February 2016

January Favourites 2016!

Hi guys, I hope you're all well!

First of all, I'd just like to apologise for this post being a few days late. I've been working all the hours under the sun and I just haven't had chance to tend to my blog! 




 Lets start off with make-up:


1.  Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation - Literally exactly what it says on the bottle, complete and utter magic. I've been searching for years (I'm not even exaggerating) for a really good foundation and I have finally found it. Charlotte Tilbury is a very luxurious brand and that definitely comes across in this foundation. It's got quite a thick consistency and is high coverage so it's not to everybody's taste but this does the job perfectly for me. It's easy to blend, lasts all day and looks flawless on the skin.

2. Artdeco Rich Treatment Foundation - I love this foundation, it blends so easily, gives a lovely coverage and it doesn't look cakey on the skin. It does come in a slightly smaller bottle than most foundations but I definitely think it's worth the money. 

3. Charlotte Tilbury Eyeshadow Pencil in 'Mesmerising Mink' - I'd been lusting after so many products from Charlotte Tilbury for quite a while and this was at the top of my list. Dave had obviously cottoned onto the fact that I wanted this and very kindly got me it for Christmas. It's such a beautiful colour and really compliments my blue eyes, it's easy to apply and super easy to blend.

4. Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl - I recently purchased this after Gabby (YouTube channel) posted a video where she spoke about this and said how much she loved it. I've always loved Soap & Glory products and this is no exception. I use this on my waterline and it glides on easily and lasts all day without smudging. It even comes with a sharpener on the lid which is super handy.

5. The Real Techniques Beauty Sponge - This has made applying my foundation so much easier. It blends the product into my skin so well without leaving streak marks like brushes sometimes do. It takes me half the time to blend my foundation now which is a bonus! 

Up next, skin care:

I will go into more depth about all of these products in a skin care blog post that I plan to put up soon! 

1. Clarins Blue Orchid Oil - This stuff is amazing, I have dehydrated skin and it's completely transformed my skin! A little bit goes a very long way so this bottle will last me absolutely ages! I am so pleased I purchased this!


2. Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum - I've never really be interested in serums before but this came with a set that I purchased when I got the Blue Orchid Oil (I do not own the full size product) It's been a little miracle worker for me, my skin feels and looks so much healthier than it did before I was using this. 

3. The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner - I was recommended this by the lovely Bek (@bekkkxo on Twitter) after she had seen me complaining about my skin and I'm so pleased she did, it's incredible and for the price you can't really go wrong! It leaves my skin feeling incredibly clean and smooth.


4. The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser - I decided to pick this up when I went to get the Tea Tree Toner and I'm so pleased I did! It makes my make-up stay in place for so much longer and really does minimise my pores so they're almost invisible. 

5. The Body Shop Aloe Eye Defence - I've been looking for an under eye cream for a while now but I didn't want to pay too much money for it (some of them are ridiculously expensive!) so I grabbed this one. When I put concealer under my eyes it usually creases after a couple of hours which isn't an attractive look but this cream stops that from happening and has improved the dark circles under my eyes which was an added bonus!


Random Favourites:


1. I have been absolutely obsessed with Gossip Girl and have been watching it on Netflix whenever I have any spare time, I even take my laptop to the bathroom with me and watch it whilst I have a bath. I don't know why I'm so hooked but I absolutely love it! Sometimes I wish I could live on the Upper East Side too but there's just so much drama I'm not sure I could cope! If you enjoyed programmes like 90210 then I highly recommend this for you!

2. Candles. Since Dave and I got our own place we have been completely obsessed with burning candles, my favourites include Vanilla Cupcake, Black Coconut, Black Cherry and loads more from Yankee Candle. I especially loved their Christmas range!

3. Herbal Essences Shampoo and Conditioner in the 'Bee Strong' range. The honey scent of these products is absolutely gorgeous and the way my hair feels after using them is incredible. My hair has never felt so silky soft before. If your hair is quite damaged then I highly recommend these, they will completely transform your hair.

Time to wrap this up before I babble on even more! I hope you enjoyed todays post, let me know what you have been loving throughout January! Also if you'd like to check out any of the products mentioned, I have linked them to where you can find them online.

Lots of love, Jodie

x

This post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jodie Louise Brinkley | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig